We are Opora (CRN: 13964425; Charity Number: 1199760). Our registered address is 128 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at ku.aropo%40pleh
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
● Where you sign up as a Sponsor via our platform we will collect your name, date of birth, profession, email address, telephone number, address, IP address, number of children, smoker status and any additional information you provide to us in order to take steps to sign you up as a Sponsor.
We will also collect information relating to your allergies - we do this in order to protect your vital interests in the process of facilitating your listing to find a potential Ukrainian Guest. We may also collect information relating to your Covid vaccination status for reasons of public interest in the area of public health.
● Where you sign up as a Ukrainian Sponsee via our platform we will collect your name, date of birth, email address, IP address, number of children, occupation, smoker status and telephone number and any additional information you provide to us when creating your account in order to take steps to enter into contact with you and create a listing to facilitate your process of finding a Sponsor.
We will also collect information relating to your allergies - we do this in order to protect your vital interests when facilitating your listing for review by potential Sponsors. We may also collect information relating to your Covid vaccination status for reasons of public interest in the area of public health. In addition we may collect your visa number in order to share your personal data with our partners and assistance providers who may be able to assist you on your request, we do this in order to perform our contractual obligations.
● Where you sign up as a Ukrainian Guest via our platform we will collect your name, date of birth, email address, IP address, number of children, occupation, and telephone number, visa type, visa reference number, location in the UK and any additional information you provide to us when creating your account in order to take steps to fulfil our contract with you.
● Where you fill in an offer of assistance or referral form on either our platform or website we will collect any information needed for us and/or our partners to successfully process your request or referral. This may include but is not limited to your name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, telephone number, personal description, employment status, and demographic information. We will only collect the personal data we need, and we will make it clear at the point of collection why we are collecting it.
● Where you fill in a market research or survey form on either our platform or website we will collect information in order to help us improve our website, fundraising, advocacy, services, and strategic development. This information may include but is not limited to your name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, telephone number, personal description, employment status, demographic information, attitudes, and opinions. Participation is always voluntary, and no individuals will be identified as a result of this research, unless you consent to us publishing your feedback.
● When you donate to Opora, we would first like to say thank you. We will use a third party payment provider to collect your donation however may also collect your name, email and billing address under our legitimate interests to know who is helping to fund Opora.
● When you contact us either by phone or email, we will usually collect your name, gender, contact details and any other personal data that forms part of your message to us because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
● When you sign up to receive our news updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If we contact you by email and you haven't opted-in, this is because we believe you will be interested in Opora, and the lawful basis we rely on to do this is our legitimate interest to promote our business.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us to tell us you wish to unsubscribe or by emailing ku.aropo%40pleh
● When we anonymise your personal data. In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We rely on our legitimate interest to improve our services to create this anonymised data.
● If our platform is acquired. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure the platform can be continued by the acquirer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the acquirer may not be able to provide services to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
● Charities, partners, suppliers, and subcontractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
● Promotional events and marketing organisations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
● Prospective acquirers of the platform under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
● Ukrainian Sponsees signed up to our platform where you sign up as a Sponsor will see your Sponsor data displayed on the platform to allow you and your services to be discovered. This is in order for us to undertake our contractual obligations.
● Sponsors signed up to our platform where you sign up as a Ukrainian Sponsee will see your Sponsee data displayed on the platform to allow you and your services to be discovered. This is in order for us to undertake our contractual obligations.
● Local Authorities, we will share a Sponsor's name and contact details with local authority so that the local authority can contact the Sponsor if the local authority needs a Sponsor in the area or to facilitate their process of rematching. We will only share this information with the Sponsor's consent. We may share anonymised data with local authorities such as the number of sponsors within the area but this will not include personal data.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data and how our site is used, so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our business and improve it moving forward.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
● access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);● correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;● ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;● ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;● ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party; ● object to how we are using your personal data; and● withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND MORE DETAIL
Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at ku.aropo%40pleh